- Lucas County Guardianship Services Board (LCGSB)
Lucas County Guardianship Services Board (LCGSB)
2023 LCGSB BOARD MEETING CALENDAR:
Mission and Vision Statements
MISSION OF THE LUCAS COUNTY GUARDIANSHIP SERVICES BOARD
The mission of the Lucas County Guardianship Services Board ("GSB") is to serve the citizens and residents of Lucas County, Ohio, by developing and implementing a quality program of adult public guardianship services to offer to as many of the mentally incompetent, developmentally disabled, and otherwise qualified individuals of Lucas County residents requiring guardianship services for whom such adequate services are not otherwise available. The GSB pledges to earnestly serve as guardian of the person to qualifying Lucas County wards for whom it is appointed as guardian by the Lucas County Probate Court. The GSB will faithfully work with the sponsoring organizations and the Lucas County Probate Court to achieve their common goals of an improved quality of life for its adult wards through a quality public collaboration.
VISION OF THE LUCAS COUNTY GUARDIANSHIP SERVICES BOARD
The GSB envisions that its public guardianship services and faithful work and coordination with its sponsoring organizations and the Lucas County Probate Court will in fact serve as a vehicle to enrich the lives of not only its adult wards, but also, the larger Lucas County community.
The Officers, members, Committee members, wards, employees and persons affiliated with this Board shall be selected, treated and served entirely on a non-discriminatory, diverse, and inclusive basis. The Board will not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or local protected status or class, including but not limited to, race, religion, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, political service or affiliation, color, or national origin.
Eligibility Criteria for an Appointment to the Lucas County Guardianship Services Board
Guardianship Services Board Membership
Eligibility Criteria for Wards for the Lucas County Guardianship Services Board
The Individual seeking to become a ward of the Lucas County Guardianship Services Board must meet the following prerequisite criteria to qualify for an appointment of the Guardianship Services Board as his/her public guardian. Such the prospective ward must be:
- An adult, age 18 years and older;
- A resident of Lucas County;
- An indigent individual, as defined by the Lucas County Probate Court;
- Exhibiting the presence of substantial mental health impairment, a substance abuse impairment, and/or a developmental disability;
- Presenting a problem or situation requiring legal authority to act, such as a health care, financial or placement decisions;
- Without another adult or entity available and/or appropriate to serve as guardian; or
- Be found suitable for such public guardianship assigned by the Lucas County Probate Court.