Board of Elections
Dr. Bruce Saferin, Chairman
ABSENTEE & EARLY VOTING:
1. Early Voting begins on Wednesday, October 10th at the Early Vote Center located at: 1301 Monroe St. Toledo, Ohio 43604
2. Absentee ballots first mailing begins on October 10th. Please check our website for daily mailing lists.
THERE IS NO STATE MANDATED VOTER PURGE IN OHIO FOR THE 2018 GENERAL ELECTION CYCLEAttention Lucas County Voters, on August 6th, 2018 confirmation notices will be sent to voters who need to verify their address, or update registration information that may be incorrect. This process is in adherence to the 2018 General Voter Records Maintenance Program – Supplemental Process as directed by the Ohio Secretary of State. You must return the confirmation notice by October 9, 2018 in order to be properly registered for the November 6, 2018 General Election. When you return it either confirm your registration information or update your registration information if it’s incorrect on the form provided.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR OHIO VOTER REGISTRATION
- If you have moved and have not updated your address as described above by 10/9/2018 (the voter registration deadline for the 11/6/2018 General Election), you may be required to cast a provisional ballot when you appear on Election Day at your current voting location.
- If you do not UPDATE or CONFIRM your address as described above AND do not vote in Ohio by the 2022 General Election (the second regular general election for federal office that occurs after the issue date on this notice), your voter registration in Ohio will be cancelled pursuant to federal law AND YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE VOTER REGISTRATION LIST.
- If you have permanently moved to another state and you complete the second box above with the address in your new state, you are confirming that you no longer are eligible to be registered to vote in Ohio and your voter registration in Ohio will be cancelled.
- To find information on how to register to vote in another state, visit the U.S Election Assistance Commissions website: www.eac.gov/voter_resources/register_to_vote.aspx.
If you have any other questions please contact The Lucas County Board of Elections at
419-213-4001. Confirmation Notice Example
Regular Board Meetings are held every month, starting at 11:00 a.m. at the Early Vote Center, 1301 Monroe Street. The next regular scheduled meeting will be held on November 5, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. Agenda
2018 Board Meeting Schedule
Polling Location Changes for the November 2018 General Election by Distance
Voter Search by Name (VoterView)
Where do I vote? (VoterView)
Check my Absentee Ballot status (VoterView)
Ohio Secretary of State's Website
Email us at email@example.com
The next Election will be the November 6, 2018 General Election
2018 November General Election Candidates List
2018 November General Election Issues List
2018 November Election EVC Calendar
45 Day Notice for Federal Write-In Absentee Ballots for the 2018 November General Election
Approved Legal Notices for November 6 General Election
Remote Ballot Marking System
The Lucas County Board of Elections is excited to announce the implementation of a remote ballot marking system. If you qualify for a disability under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), you are eligible to use this new system. This will allow voters with a disability to vote an absentee ballot independently in the comfort of their own home. After you have voted your ballot, all you have to do is mail it back to us. To apply, you must fill out and submit the new prescribed form by the Ohio Secretary of State's office Form 11-G on our board's website. While this is not a means for online voting, we want to make sure everyone has the proper accessibility to vote. Our office has and will always represent all of our voters.